Monday, July 27, 2009

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Ever heard of this name? Me neither until I saw one of these books titled:
Finding Flow. The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life

I was curious to know what could be inside this book - I was attracted to the title Finding Flow: A very carefully chosen word - Flow is what we expect in life - we expect life to flow, blood to flow, water to flow, air to flow, wind to flow and materials to flow, supply chain to flow -

and my words to flow here so that you can continue to read my blog :) With due respects to the author of this book and the title of this book, I saw the preview of this book at http://books.google.com ( here is the full link -

http://books.google.com/books?id=bzmziLphHMQC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_hpintrst

Thanks to google for creating previews of millions of books online, which helps in getting a sneak peak at many interesting books that are available in the bookstore.

OK, back to my review on the book - If you are going through a stressful time in your life, I would say that it means that you need to undersand life better so that, we don;'t end up feeling depressed / sad / negative for a prolonged time, for trivial isssues sorrunding us.

This is a very good read and I would recommend it to many people who would like to start thinking rationally about day to day stuff! I have not read the book in its entirety myself, but will give an entire section dedicated to this book review!

No comments:

Post a Comment